Atlantic Station, GA
Join us on Hit-Monkey Season 2. The compositor’s primary responsibility is to combine backgrounds, 2d and 3d animated elements, 3d camera information and VFX according to the script and animatic into final rendered shots to match the tone and style of the show. Compositors report to their lead compositor.
Production: Hit Monkey
Estimated start: Mid June
Hourly range: $27.00-29.00
- Assemble available assets (animatic, background paintings, 2D & 3D animated elements, 3D camera information and VFX), and create custom VFX to produce final shots of animation under the guidance of a lead compositor.
- QC assets, and communicate effectively with the appropriate teams if revisions are needed.
- Reference benchmark shots and visual reference at the request provided by the compositing director.
- Learn, adapt, and provide feedback for the existing workflows, techniques and templates to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Submit renders from to lead and perform iterations of notes that are provided.
- Double-check work to make sure each shot is delivered to the level of quality and craft outlined by the compositing director.
- Enter hours worked weekly into ADP software.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience working as a compositor
- Must have excellent knowledge of BlackMagic Fusion (Nuke or similar node-based compositing software is seen as equivalent).
- Experience working with 3D animation workflows, Adobe products, ftrack, and Google Suite products is a plus.
- Capable of consistently executing strong visual shots (lighting, color, composition, effects) in the show style.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and respectfully to fellow team members as well as staff and directors in other departments.
- Must have great organizational and time management skills.
- Receives direction with a collaborative approach, seeking clarity or presenting options when necessary, and forming concrete solutions for the team.
- Must be current resident of Georgia. (no exceptions)
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the US.
Apply for this position